CCSRE-Markaz Palestine Fellowship
The purpose of this fellowship is to foster student-led campus conversations on themes related to Palestinian society and culture. In consultation with faculty and staff, the CCSRE-Markaz fellow will identify themes of current interest to the Stanford community, curate a number of events with academics or speakers whose work engages with scholarship on Palestine, and organize the events through the Markaz and CCSRE.
The fellowship has three interrelated components:
- Programming: Identify relevant themes and speakers, and curate one event per quarter.
- Outreach: Publicize events on social media, listservs, etc., and conduct outreach to maximize audience interest and event visibility. Write brief post-event reports for publication in newsletters.
- Mentorship: Commit to mentorship by relevant CCSRE-affiliated faculty in the form of one meeting a month with the designated mentor(s).
- Duration: Fellowship to commence September 2023 and end June 2024
- Compensation: The CCSRE-Markaz Fellow will receive a stipend of $3000 ($1000/quarter). A small separate budget for this series (for speaker honoraria, event logistics, etc.) will be available.
- Students must be sophomores, juniors, seniors, or co-terms
- Students must be enrolled for Fall 2023, Winter 2024, and Spring 2024, with no plans for study abroad
- Students from all departments / schools can apply
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, April 25th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Application Materials: Applicants will submit the following via application form:
- Cover Letter
- Current CV or resume
- Up-to-date academic transcript
- One letter of recommendation by a faculty member, to be sent directly to email@example.com
Inquiries: For any questions about the fellowship, contact Abiya Ahmed, Director of the Markaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.