Engaging with the big questions that matter in conversations beyond the classroom!
Chai Chats are open community conversations facilitated by faculty, alumni, staff, students, and guest speakers to engage the big questions that matter to our students, here and now. Students from across campus come to Chai Chats to learn and share their perspectives on the most pressing issues that face our society, challenge our beliefs, and lie at the intersection of our different identities
Previous topics and facilitators include:
- Where do we go from here? Social Justice and Advocacy in the Muslim Community with Professor Shirin Sinnar (Stanford Law School)
- From Stanford to Guantanamo: Designing a Career of Impact with Omar Shakir (Center for Constitutional Rights/Human Rights Watch)
- Exploring Climate Justice, Aviation and Planet Earth with Barnali Ghosh (Landscape Architect, Historian and Climate Activist)
- Compose Your Own Op-Ed: A Media Workshop with Zeba Khan (Independent Journalist)
- How Can We Help? Local Ways to Help the Refugee Crisis with Michelle Claros (International Rescue Committee, Volunteer Coordinator)
- Honoring Our Struggles: Confronting Stigmas around Seeking Support with Raghad Ebied (Transformational Life Coach)
Bring your thoughts and perspective to our next Chai Chat!