Engaging with the big questions that matter in conversations beyond the classroom!
Chai Chats are open community conversations facilitated by faculty, alumni, staff, students, and guest speakers to engage the big questions that matter to our students, here and now. Students from across campus come to Chai Chats to learn and share their perspectives on the most pressing issues that face our society, challenge our beliefs, and lie at the intersection of our different identities
Previous topics and facilitators include:
- An Evening with Zareen Khan, chef and founder of the Zareen’s restaurant franchise
- Fiction, Romance, and Muslims with Uzma Jalaluddin, bestselling author of Hana Khan Carries On and Ayesha At Last
- Muslims in the Age of Artificial Intelligence with Dr. Abubakar Abid, PhD in Electrical Engineering and an expert in machine learning
- The Moon with Dr. Nidhal Guessoum, Professor of Astronomy and Physics at the American University of Sharjah, UAE
- Muslim Women: Access, Advocacy, Advancement with Hind Makki, interfaith educator and founder of Side Entrance
- Halal Investing for Students with Saad Malik, co-founder and CEO of Zoya, and Joe Bradford, entrepreneur and an American scholar of Islam
- Islamophobia in France with Rim-Sarah Alouane, Ph.D. candidate in Comparative Law at the University Toulouse-Capitole in France
Bring your thoughts and perspective to our next Chai Chat!