Connecting and supporting graduate students.
The Markaz’s Graduate Student Program is focused on supporting Muslim students in our seven graduate schools. Our Graduate Student Community Coordinator (GSCC) leads the center’s efforts to increase graduate student engagement, facilitate communication between graduate student leaders, and organize quarterly social events and mixers in our new community space.
VPGE Academic Achievement Awards
In partnership with the Vice Provost for Graduate Education (VPGE), the Markaz recognizes and honors the contributions of outstanding graduate students in our community with the VPGE Academic Achievement Award at end of every year. Recipients demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and serve as role models to undergraduate and graduate students.
Previous awardees include:
- 2022: Sarah Maung, Sustainability Science & Practice
- 2021: Zainab Hosseini, Developmental and Psychological Sciences
- 2020: Michael Mohsen, Chemistry
- 2019: Abiya Ahmed, Education
- 2018: Koosha Nazif, Mechanical Engineering
- 2017: Osama El-Gabalawy, Medicine
- 2016: Aisha Ghani, Anthropology