Markaz Graduate Student Mini-Grants
The Markaz is proud to launch Graduate Student Mini-Grants! This program is designed to support and uplift the research of graduate and professional school students, foster intellectual engagement within our community, and build a vibrant cohort across disciplines. The program includes a symposium where awardees will present their work to peers and undergraduates.
- Amount: Three mini-grants in the amount of $1500 will be awarded
- Usage: Recipients can use the funds for a variety of needs, including (but not limited to): conference travel, research (e.g. interview transcriptions, etc.), equipment or software purchase, etc.
- Symposium: Recipients will be asked to participate in a Markaz Grad Student Symposium in Week 7 or Week 8 of Spring Quarter to present their research (whatever stage of the process they are in). Funds need not have been used by then.
- All current Master’s, PhD, law school, or medical school students are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must identify with or their research must advance the interests of Markaz communities (broadly defined).
- Applications Open: November 13, 2023
- Applications Deadline: December 20, 2023
- Awardees Announced: February 15 , 2023
- Grad Student Symposium: Week 7 (Week of May 15)
How to Apply: Fill out Application Link