Connecting and supporting graduate students.
The Markaz’s Graduate Student Programs are focused on increasing graduate student engagement, facilitating communication between graduate student leaders, and organizing social events across discipline.
Markaz Graduate Student Mini-Grants
The Markaz Graduate Student Mini-Grants are designed to support and uplift the research of graduate and professional school students, foster intellectual engagement within our community, and build a vibrant cohort across disciplines. The program includes a symposium where awardees will present their work to peers and undergraduates. Learn more about the program and apply here.
VPGE Academic Achievement Awards
In partnership with the Vice Provost for Graduate Education (VPGE), the Markaz recognizes and honors the contributions of outstanding graduate students in our community with the VPGE Academic Achievement Award at end of every year. Recipients demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and serve as role models to undergraduate and graduate students.
Previous awardees include:
- 2022: Sarah Maung, Sustainability Science & Practice
- 2021: Zainab Hosseini, Developmental and Psychological Sciences
- 2020: Michael Mohsen, Chemistry
- 2019: Abiya Ahmed, Education
- 2018: Koosha Nazif, Mechanical Engineering
- 2017: Osama El-Gabalawy, Medicine
- 2016: Aisha Ghani, Anthropology